Thursday, January 20, 2005

Canadian Pilot Embraces Islam in Doha

Canadian Pilot Embraces Islam in Doha
Doha:
Neil Sharp, a Canadian pilot working with Qatar Airways has embraced Islam in Doha. He declared his acceptance of Islam as his faith at a simple ceremony at Qatar Centre for the Presentation of Islam (QCPI) recently. “The Stipulation for prayer five times a day is an effective means of direct communion with Allah the Almighty and the weekly congregation of Jumma prayer is a good opportunity for social interaction.”“The prohibition imposed by Islam on liquor and pork is for the good of mankind. It is medically proven that these things are harmful to man’s health. It was my late father who two decades ago introduced me to Islam. Since then I have been reading a lot about Islam and have gone through a lot of introspection. Finally, I decided Islam is the religion of my choice, he said.”

No comments: