Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rijiju apologises to Arunachalees

ITANAGAR, Aug 28 – Amid the unprecedented strong wave of criticism stirred up in this politically nascent State of Arunachal Pradesh following his abrupt desertion from BJP, shattering the hopes of thousands of people, the former BJP MP Kiren Rijiju has begged apology from the people with a plea to understand the reasons forcing him to leave the saffron brigade.

In a statement here, Rijiju said, “I am obliged to share the agony of thousands of people across Arunachal and the unprecedented enormous political palpitation caused due to my resignation from BJP. I am aware that thousands of youths looked up to me, intellectuals kept faith in me and villagers laid hope on me and apparently it has been shattered. I sincerely tender my deep sense of apology for causing such a political quiver but with a plea to understand my feeling and reasons to leave BJP.”

In a bid to assuage those aggrieved minds, especially youths who had assisted him during the last Parliamentary election which he lost to Congress’ nominee Takam Sanjoy, Rijiju, once tagged as “youth icon” of Arunachal, said, “Remember my expressive statements that I was not in politics to serve a political party (BJP) but to serve the society through a political party. Parties in themselves are nothing as it is made good or bad by the people who run them.

No comments: